About Mighty Moms Foundation
Mighty Moms Foundation, a charitable foundation established by Dr. John Burnett of Fresno, California, recognizes the intense financial burdens and emotional stresses single mothers must face as they undergo cancer treatments. The Mighty Moms Foundation endeavors to provide financial assistance, along with other types of support, in order to aid these brave women as they struggle to nurture and maintain their families during this extremely difficult time.
The goal of Mighty Moms Foundation is to identify and provide assistance to single mothers undergoing cancer treatment who demonstrate significant financial needs relative to supporting their dependent children and maintaining their families.
Potential recipients will be identified and referred to the Mighty Moms Foundation by their treating physicians. A needs assessment will be conducted by the Mighty Moms Review Committee. Financial awards will be granted based on determined financial need and circumstances without prejudicial discrimination.
Donate To Mighty Moms Foundation
Donations to Mighty Moms Foundation help us bring much needed services to women and their families. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and your contribution is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Services Mighty Moms Foundation Provides
Financial assistance, the primary focus of the Mighty Moms Foundation, is provided to single mothers to aid with monthly household expenses and other illness-related expenses while undergoing treatment. The assistance provided is geared toward alleviating stress, which may interfere with treatment and recovery.
Counseling services provided to single mothers and their children to assistant them as they learn to cope with cancer. We hope to provide a supportive outlet and a vehicle for expressing feelings regarding the cancer experience as well as assist mothers with supportive parenting strategies.
Health & Wellness Support
Health, fitness and nutrition counseling provided with information and activities designed to encourage our families to establish and maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle during and after treatment.
Genereal Support & Outreach
In coordinating a volunteer network with youth community service organizations, faith-based organizations, mentoring and leadership organizations at local schools and colleges, legal and mental health professionals, and others, we will attempt to provide services on an as-needed basis including:
- Transportation to and from medical treatments and related appointments
- General, light housekeeping services and/or meal preparation
- Grocery shopping and/or accessing local food banks and other donation centers
- Child care and respite care during treatment
- Mentoring: Pairing Cancer Survivors with newly diagnosed single mothers undergoing treatment.
- Provide workshops with professionals in related fields to empower and provide insight and coping skills.
- Peer mentoring would also be provided for the children.
Support for Children
Mighty Moms Foundation provides or facilitates opportunities for children to participate in activities and events:
- to support social-emotional health as well as be recreational
- to support school success including homework assistance and tutoring if needed
- to foster trusting relationships with adults and same-age peers